How to Choose a Newborn Photographer
When you find out you’re expecting, the excitement begins. One of the first things you do is start planning and preparing for your new little bundle of joy, including capturing those precious newborn memories. There is such a small window of time to capture all those tiny details and that is why a newborn photo session is so important.
How do you choose the best photographer? Selecting the right photographer can be a daunting task, but reading information, doing a little research and asking questions is crucial. It’s about so much more than just price! You want someone who will offer you an incredible experience from start to finish. You want to make sure you and your baby are in good hands.
Here are some things to think about when choosing a newborn photographer…
• Safety – Make sure you find someone who knows how to care for and handle your baby safely. Check to make sure that they focus on studio cleanliness, heating, circulation, soothing techniques, proper posing, prop safety, and all other areas of newborn safety. At Tazetta we make sure that newborn safety is our number one priority.
• Style – Be sure to look at the website galleries of each photographer you are considering so that you can get a feel for their style. Everyone has a different artistic style and you want to make sure that the style of photos you’ll get from a photographer is in line with your style. At Tazetta Photography we offer each of our clients a consultation to talk over what they are envisioning for their newborn session. We talk about style, colors, etc. At Tazetta we are known for our unique style which includes everything from simple and timeless to colorful and whimsical. We will work with you to get portraits you love.
• Experience – It is so important to ask a photographer about their level of experience and if they specialize in newborns. Ask them how many years they have been doing newborn photography, how many babies they have photographed, and what kind of training they have had. Like anything, practice makes perfect. Newborn photography is no exception. Choosing a photographer that has more experience means that you can feel comfortable that they have the experience needed to capture the best possible images of your baby. Choosing someone with more experience will probably mean paying more, but you get what you pay for. Tazetta photography specializes in newborn photography and has many years of experience and training. We have the expertise to take care of your newborn and get you great images.
• Reviews – It’s important to check out the reviews for different photographers. Try and read multiple reviews on multiple sites. Reviews can help reveal the quality of a business and they can influence your trust in and engagement with that business. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to Tazetta Photography. We work hard to give each client, not only gorgeous art work filled with memories, but also an exceptional client experience. Tazetta Photography maintains excellent reviews on Yelp (5 stars), Facebook (4.9 stars), Google, etc. Tazetta Photography also provides each client with an online feedback form so that we can be sure that our clients are 100% satisfied with their experience with us.
• Business – Is the photographer fully insured? Are they running a legal business? It is important to know that your photographer is operating as a professional photographer. This means that they should have a registered business, and be fully insured. Tazetta photography has a dedicated photography studio that is set up with your newborn in mind. Tazetta is a fully insured LLC and pays all the necessary taxes and professional fees.
• Timing – It’s important to choose your photographer early in your pregnancy so that they reserve a spot for you. You might want to ask how many sessions they take a week? Some photography studios operate under a “shoot and burn” business model. What that means is they usually charge less and fit as many sessions into their days as possible. If you want a personalized and relaxed experience that type of photographer might not be the best choice for you. When a photographer does a lot of sessions per day, you should not expect the same level of quality and service. Each session takes many hours of work to properly plan, prepare, photograph, edit, and all kinds of other behind the scenes stuff. At Tazetta, we only take a limited number of newborns each month so that we can give exceptional personalized service to each and every one of our clients. A timing question that is often asked is, when is the best time to photography my baby? Since your little one grows so fast, we encourage you to schedule your newborn to be photographed in the first seven to fourteen days when they are tiny, bending, and more sleepy. For babies that are born early and spend time in the hospital, we recommend within a week after they are home.
• Budget – The cost for newborn portraiture can vary greatly. Some things to take into consideration are the length of the session, the location of the session (do they rent a dedicated professional studio space), the photographer’s experience, their level of training, and equipment and props used by the potential photographer. A photographer running a legal business with insurance, training, and other business expenses will almost always be more expensive. There are many different levels of photographers – someone for every budget. Everyone has a different budget for their newborn session, but no matter what your budget, you should choose the best newborn photographer that you can afford.
These precious newborn moments will be over before you know it. Be sure to find the right photographer for you! These photos will be precious for years to come – not only to you, but to your child one day.
If you are interested in booking a session with Tazetta Photography, please give us a call today!
Call for details and to schedule your session. Our Fall outdoor special limited edition sessions are going to be on October 13th (rain date October 14th).
Get everything you need for babies, toddlers and big kids September 15th and 16th at the Cincinnati Baby & Beyond Expo!
We’ll be in booth 312 with some of our bestselling products. We will have some great specials going on and we will be giving away some cool stuff, including these unique handmade photo frames.
Stop by and say hello!
I really love helping clients tell their story through art. This is a wonderful wall art series featuring this little cutie at her newborn, three month, and sixth month photo session. Imagine being able to enjoy images of your loved one every day in your home. I know I would smile every time I walked by these framed wall prints.
My Crystal Lake studio is now closed and we will be packing everything up this week. I really enjoyed my studio space and I loved capturing special memories for my clients. Both my studio and my wonderful clients will be greatly missed. Thank you to all my loyal clients for their business through the years.
Looking for something super cute and special for SPRING?! Guess what just arrived? Yes, NEW Flower Bonnets!
We have three new flower bonnets to add to our collection just in time for Spring:) Flower bonnets are custom made and sized to fit little ones about 6 – 18 months. Our flower bonnets are available in a nice variety of colors, too. We also have cute little twirly dresses and tutus that will match. Schedule your custom photo session today!
Product sample sale coming soon! Watch for photos of the studio samples we will be selling at huge discounts. It’s time to fill the studio with new samples:) You will want to check out our sale to see if you or your family or a family member have been featured in any of our studio samples. You can purchase the studio sample at a huge discount. Samples will include…framed prints, magnets, ornaments, standouts, glass prints, wood prints, metal prints, canvas prints, loose prints, albums, and much more!
Tazetta Photography is one of the top rated photographers in the Cincinnati area with extremely high client satisfaction.
Book a session today using coupon code TAZ21 to save 10%. Limited time offer!
If you have any questions or would like to hear more about our offerings, please call us now at (513) 449-0318 or contact us here.
Don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook